Please see attached letter for further information.
The VHPS Team
INFECTION CONTROL POLICY
In response to the increasing number of students falling sick and frequent visiting to the school clinic, it has become necessary to re-inform you of our School Infection Control Policy. This policy is important to prevent the spread of illness, and is comprised of the following regulations.
- Please DO NOT send your child to school if they show symptoms of:
- Fever (≥ 38 degrees)
- Unexplained skin rash that has not been assessed by a doctor
- Vomiting (return to school after 24 hours of last episode of vomiting)
- Diarrhea (return to school after 24 hours of last episode of diarrhea)
- Heavy nasal discharge/ runny nose
- Strep throat including Scarlet fever (do not return to school until they no longer have a fever, have been taking antibiotics for at least 24 hours, and have a clearance certificate of recovery from infection).
- Persistent cough
- Red, painful or sticky (yellow discharge) eyes (return to school once discharge ceased)
- Head lice or nits.
- If they have infected or sore wound, warts or molluscum contagiosum the affected area must be covered by a well-sealed dressing or plaster – especially during swimming or other specified activities.
- If your child is assessed by School Medical team and thought to be ill, or a possible source of infection to others, you will be contacted to pick them up from school ASAP (maximum within 1 hour).
- All children with infectious diseases should be kept away from school for all periods of communicability. Your child will be allowed to re-attend school with a medical certificate, stating that the medical condition is no longer infectious (It is a clearance certificate, not the certificate of absence).
- Please inform the School if your child has been or is being treated for a medical condition.
One of the best ways to prevent the spread of illness is through frequent hand washing and proper technique.
Please find attached the internal ECA allocations for Term 2. Internal ECAs will begin from Sunday 14th January.
You will also find attached the ECA timetable which contains information regarding each club’s location and the teacher leading the club. These will also be displayed around school.
Please remember that internal ECA pickup now takes place from the club location at 3.30pm. Please ensure that you wear your parent lanyard!
Each child has been allocated one of their five choices on each day. However, should you have any queries or concerns regarding your child’s ECA allocation, please contact us on email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org before 3.30pm Thursday 11th January.
We kindly remind you that we cannot accommodate requests to move children into their first choice group, as this would undermine the random draw system.
Matt Hawley, Assistant Headteacher
We are pleased to announce that our admissions are open for the 2018-19 academic year .
To begin the admission’s process, please do visit our website here to fill in the application form. We will then be in contact shortly after regarding the next stages, and to invite you for an observation at VH
We are looking forward to meeting all of the younger siblings and welcoming them into the VHPS family.
If you would like any more information or if you have any questions regarding the admissions process please don’t hesitate to contact me at; mailto:email@example.com
VHPS Admissions Team
We are having a big, school wide push on our times tables! We are currently running a challenge to reward you for practicing your times tables using the fantastic TTRockstars website.
In Years 2, 3 and 4: For every 10 questions answered, you will receive 1 house point.
In Years 5 & 6: For every question answered you will earn 1aed in ‘Classroom Economy’ credit
The rewards are unlimited! Play to earn!
Login: same as school ‘Google’ login Password: dubai123
If we haven’t been notified of your child’s absence from school, we need to phone home to confirm. Please help us alleviate the pressure on reception by informing reception via the mobile app.
Please click on the ‘Report Absence’ link found on the homepage.
We are very excited to announce that our children in Years 6 will have the opportunity to go on a residential trip in February 2018
The Year 6 trip will be leaving on Sunday 25th February 2018, returning on Wednesday 28th February 2018.
For Year 6, the total cost of the trip will be AED 2,000. A non-refundable deposit of AED 600 is required to be paid no later than Thursday 14th December 2017 and the remainder of the payment (AED 1,400) should be paid no later than Thursday 15th February 2018.
The above costs include transport to and from school, and all food whilst being on the school trip.